Wednesday 24 February 2010

thon wey and invisibility.

Lovely person that he is, Brian Dempsey has compiled and published a brochure on Scottish Lesbian and Gay activism between 1968 and 1992, available in PDF and titled 'Thon Wey'. As a Gender Historian, this makes me shriek with excitement, even more so because, if all goes as planned, I shall encounter Brian Dempsey tomorrow at an LGBT History Month meeting at the University of Dundee. Most of all, I can't help but smirk at the memory of my lecturer telling me a couple of weeks ago that there is no such thing as an LGBTI scene in Scotland and nothing EVER happens here. This leaves me with the question: Am I too obsessed with the subject or is he just plain blind? Possibly this has to do with him being from Toronto - the contrast in visibility must be staggering.

Anyway, Dempsey's brochure about nothing can be downloaded here.

No comments:

Post a Comment