Sunday 12 September 2010

Woman

I wrote this poem after I was diagnosed with PCOS and abnormally high levels of testosterone. At the time I was also coming to terms with being bisexual. I think gender identity affects all sorts of people and this is how it has affected me.

WOMAN

So my ovaries don't work
My testosterone levels are high
And I like ladies
But I can still be a woman

Just because I like a bit of gender-bending in the morning
Or the evening
Or even the afternoon for that matter
I don't feel any less of a woman
Ready to pounce

I appreciate the male state
His physique, and I don't care if you're straight
But please let me appreciate the girls dem too

I wear dresses
Like sweet caresses
And soft caresses
And soft kisses
And loving other women

I like high heels
Cute baby seals
But I also like pussies
And I aint talking cats man

I have long hair
I like the stares
When I wear
Boobylicious shirts

But these things don't make a woman

It's not how you dress
Who you kiss
Wearing lipstick
Being with a man or a woman
Or hormones racing
Or procreating
Or gyrating
Even less dating and mating
Even less liking diamond rings
All the bling

It's about being me.

I am a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment